MICRONEEDLING PRE-TREATMENT INSTRUCTIONS
* Discontinue any topical prescriptions and/or products including, but not limited to:
Retinol or Vitamin A, Tretinoin, Differin, Tazorac
* Avoid waxing, abrasive scrubs or other exfoliating products for 1 week before appointment.
* Do not receive cosmetic injections for at least 2 weeks before appointment.
* Do not have any other skin treatments unless recommended.
POST-TREATMENT CARE FOR MICRONEEDLING
* Do not touch your face for at least 4 hours.
* Avoid excessive sweating, heat (hot tubs/ saunas), tanning and sun exposure for
72 hours post- procedure.
* You can wash your face and wear makeup the next day, but it is recommended to
wait at least 24 hours.
* Avoid applying any skincare products containing active ingredients and toners with
alcohol for at least 72 hours.
* Apply a sunscreen of SPF 30 or higher the next day (or after you have washed your face)
* If the skin feels dry and/or tight, you may apply a hyaluronic acid after the initial 4 hours.
* Continue to use hyaluronic acid and moisturizer daily
* Change your pillow case the day of treatment
* Wipe down your phone and/or glasses with alcohol
* Avoid touching, kissing, hugging. (Can transfer bacteria to open skin)
* Make sure to wear a mineral base makeup, one that does not contain any oils.
PRE + POST TREATMENT CARE FOR DERMAPLANING
PRE-TREATMENT INSTRUCTIONS FOR DERMAPLANING:
One week prior to Dermaplaning treatments :
-Avoid direct sun exposure (sunburns) for 5-7 days prior to this treatment
-No laser treatments
-No aggressive exfoliators one week prior to Dermaplaning treatments
-You should wait 7 days after receiving Botox or Dermal Fillers to receive Dermaplaning treatments.
POST-TREATMENT CARE FOR DERMAPLANING:
-Avoid sun exposure as much as possible for a minimum of 3 days post treatment. If you must be in the sun, apply SPF 30 or greater, reapply often, wear a wide brimmed hat, and seek shade when possible.
-Continue to be mindful of sun exposure and wear sunscreen daily.
-Avoid extreme heat for 3 days (heavy workouts, steam rooms or saunas, etc.)
-Do not use scrubs or other non recommended exfoliators for 1 week.
-Use a gentle cleanser and apply moisturizer at least twice daily post treatment.
-Apply serums and moisturizers recommended by your technician.
-Avoid chlorine for 7 days.
-Avoid facial waxing for 7 days.
-Avoid Dermal Fillers or Botox for 2 to 4 weeks based on area.
-Do not pick, scratch, or aggressively rub the treated area.
*You may experience slight peeling for the first few days. Slight wind/sun sensation and/or blotchiness are normal for the first few days. Skin care products may tingle or slightly burn for the first 2 days.